Whether you’re fresh out of college looking for your first position, or 20 years into the workforce and looking for a career change, “getting the job” isn’t always as easy as it seems. The process can be long, hard, and upsetting, but it only makes getting hired that much more rewarding. It can take a lot of hard work, so we compiled a few of the attributes we look for in potential employees at Schlenner Wenner.
What Does Schlenner Wenner & Co Look for in Potential Employees?
At Schlenner Wenner, we look for candidates who are motivated, educated, and who show a good work ethic. There are also characteristics and credentials that are not only important but a necessity in the line of work we do. Here are a few things that are vital to working with us:
- A GPA higher than 3.0
- Relevant work experience: bookkeeping, intern in business, banking, etc.
- Team atmosphere involvement with clubs/organizations or athletics while in school
- Looking to meet 150 credit hours and pass the CPA exam
- Aspiration for advancement
- A connection to the St. Cloud/Monticello/Little Falls areas
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and good time management skills
- Personable, articulate, motivated, and carries him/herself with confidence
Fun Activities in the Schlenner Wenner Office
Every employee/employer partnership is a two-way street. Enjoying your position and being comfortable with your company is important to building your career as well as the success of the company. At Schlenner Wenner, we want to have a company culture that is above the standard. Although we are an accounting firm, we are far from a boring place to work. Here are some fun things we like to do to encourage a good work/life balance with our employees. Our website has some more detailed information on what makes us unique and our perks.
- In office holiday parties:
- Valentine’s Day – We did pin the heart on the partner. Basically, it’s pin the tail on the donkey, but we had a larger than life size photo of one of our partners
- Mardi Gras – Potluck
- St. Patricks Day- Dessert Potluck/Scavenger Hunt
- Easter – Easter egg hunt
- Monthly birthday treats to celebrate birthdays of that month
- Essential Piece Program – peer to peer letters of appreciation/thanks/encouragement with tokens that can be turned in for prizes
- Adopt a Family through Anna Marie’s Alliance
- Outside office fun:
- Family Bowling Party
- Employee Appreciation Dinner
- Canterbury Park visits
- Twins Games
- Santa visits for employee’s children
- Summertime by George sponsorship
- Schlenner Wenner annual Holiday Party
Looking for a job can be discouraging at times, but making sure you know the company and their values is crucial to being successful within the company. We care about our employees and want them to be successful. We are currently hiring a Government/Not-for-Profit Auditor. For more details visit our website.